Asdru Sierra and Anthony Marinelli have joined forces to offer their diverse blend of musical styles and experience to Spanish language projects. The two composers and songwriters have collaborated on feature films, commercials, and song-writing since first meeting in 2006 to collaborate on a remix album with the trumpet and music label legend Herb Alpert. Since then, they have performed as a duo and as Trio Retro with Cindy Gomez, and Anthony has sat in with Asdru's band, the iconic multi-genre group Ozomatli.
Asdru is the co-founder of the 3-time Grammy Award-winning multi-cultural, multi-genre band Ozomatli, which for the past 20 years, has symbolized the emerging multicultural nature of Los Angeles. Anthony, also a Los Angeles native, has composed over 70 symphonic film scores, written over 500 commercials and can be heard performing on the mega-hit album Thriller by Michael Jackson.
Together, they have created a melodic world music sound that incorporates Hip Hop, DJ Party Mix, ethnic, and electronica with a real touch of Latin. They effortlessly collaborate with today’s great Latin artists and have a relentless drive to find the right music for any project.
Today, clients want music to communicate across many platforms. For Jaguar at Play, we first expanded the original 30 second instrumental into a 60 second version. Then we created a full length pop song with lyrics in English and Spanish for use in social media.
Asdrubal "Asdru" Sierra
- Co-founder, lead vocalist, trumpeter, and keyboardist of the 3-time Grammy Award-winning band Ozomatli
- Currently performing his collaborative project Abstrakto with musician & producer Balthazar Getty
- Classically trained musician with real-world experience in popular music
- With Ozomatli was part of the first band to speak at TED
- Top-notch vocal producer and songwriter
- With Ozomatli is part of the house band for Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias' Stand Up Revolution television series
- Speaks fluent Spanish.
- Advertising (KIA, AT&T, Apple), Television (Weeds, Sex and the City, ESPN), Film (A Better Life), and Video Game (Happy Feet Two) experience.
- An unmatched live resume: Coachella, South by Southwest, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Boonaroo, The Boston Pops Symphony Orchestra, KCRW's World Music Festival (headliner), Conrad Foundation Spirit of Innovation Summit, Santana's Supernatural Tour, Tonight Show with Jay Leno, MusiCares MAP Fund® benefit concert, 34th Annual Playboy Jazz Festival (headliner), The New York Pops.
- Started doing studio gigs in Los Angeles at 15 years old
- Composed, conducted, and performed the music in over 90 feature films
- Over 500 Television Commercials
- A long list of awards in advertising
- A long resume of hit records and television series
- Creator of a music catalog with over 31 hours of licensable music
- The support of a talented and nimble production company, Music Forever
- Musician on Michael Jackson's Thriller
- An extensive collection of the best keyboard instruments, and knows how to use them.
- Speaks um, "conversational" Spanish :)